Welcome to our websitePOSSIBILITIES OF ERGON
PREFABRICATION - WHEN AND WHY? ERGON
was founded in 1963 in Lier at an excellent location between Antwerp and Brussels, with attractive raw material delivery facilities via the Nete Canal. ERGON
has undergone continuous expansion since it’s foundation.
The range of products consists of prestressed and reinforced structural elements for buildings, beams for bridges, double T-floors, hollow core floor slabs and various other products such as wall panels, staircases, tunnel segments, platforms, etc. ERGON
also handles engineering, transport and assembly.
Continuous investments in know-how and modern production plant procedures have made ERGON
a model company in prestressed concrete prefabrication, using the most advanced techniques.
Highly trained employees, including draftsmen, engineers, building experts and other specialists are our most important source of inspiration, innovation and flexibility.
With its 240,000 m² of total surface, including 49,000 m² of covered production area, ERGON
is the largest prefabrication plant in Belgium and one of the biggest units in Europe, enable to design and produce a volume of 120,000 m³ of prefab elements.
In 2000 ERGON
started the building of a brand new production hall of 8,250 m² in Poland, on a site of 15 ha in Mszczonów, 40 km south of Warsaw. With the first phase of this Polish investment, ERGON
creates a niche in Eastern Europe.
After 4 years of good results in Poland, as a matter of course and aiming the next step of it’s ambitious development ERGON
is opening a completely new factory in Romania.
With a strategic location in Ploiesti an important international commercial node, 60 km of Bucharest, ERGON
started in 2006 the building of one of the newest and modern factory in Europe, 9000 m² on a site of 17 ha.
Like allover Europe, ERGON
is focusing on becoming market leader in prestressed precast concrete, delivering high quality services for: engineering design, production, transport and erection.
POSSIBILITIES OF ERGON
Several reasons will convince you to choose Ergon as your partner - to gain success in your projects:
- Yearly production capability: 120,000 m³ of precast concrete
- Possibility to produce girders up to 60 m length (limited by transport)
- The heaviest element produced so far: 215 tons. Even heavier elements do not cause problems.
- Maximum pre-stressing force per beam: 3,000 tons
- Our design office in Belgium has more than 30 engineers and draughts men having at their disposal a highly developed CAD system combined with calculation programs.
- Erection is executed with our own personnel trained in our company. ERGON
can rely on more than 40 years of experience in prefab erection.
- Commercial staff with engineering degrees who designs the project of your dreams in close collaboration with yourself and who accompanies you from tender to completion.
PREFABRICATION - WHEN AND WHY?
In prefabricating a large number of advantages is accumulated:
- speed of construction
- high quality of products
- excellent fire-resistance
- independence with respect to climatic conditions
- long spans due to prestressing
- high suitability for structures subjected to dynamic charges
- economy of the solutions
To utilize in the best way these main advantages it is important to choose correct technical solutions from the start of the preliminary project. This secures that:
- Prefabricated elements are utilized in an optimum way
- Enough necessary time is at disposal to optimize the prefabrication
- truss joints and connection details as well as the stability of the entire structure are well designed
- erection is fast
Experience has proved that it is never advantageous to delay decision whether to build using traditional methods or prefabrication. To compare the two methods till the last moment may seem advantageous, but doing that, the profits mentioned above are lost.
To think of prefabrication right from the start of the design is thus important to serve the interest of the owner. The flexibility of the system of prefabrication of Ergon allows its integration into the majority of building types. Both technical and sales staff are at your disposal to help you to make the right choice.